RE: [JDEV] Well-formed XML.(Correction)

> 	Will this part:
>
> <jabber type="client" version="Name/OS version/version" protocol="19990101">
>
> 	be sent with each data exchange, or ONLY to register this data on the first
> connection?

It is sent upon the initial connection, it starts the communication with
the server.  The connection stops with </jabber>, the entire process
looks/acts just like a normal XML "document".

>  Also, I'm taking for granted that the servers <jabber> response
> would include:
>
> <jabber type="server" version="Name/OS version/version" protocol="19990101">

Yup.

> 	As another simple question, shouldn't the transport be reporting:
>
> <jabber type="transport" version="Name/OS version/version"
> protocol="19990101">

It's not really necessary, since clients and transports use different
ports(clients connect on 5222 and transports on 5269).

Jer